Discovering the gems of the lagoon – the islands of Murano & Burano
Murano and Burano are the most famous and traditional tourist destinations among the small islands in the Lagoon: this excursion will give you the opportunity to enjoy a very relaxed trip.
First stop, after a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon dominated by Nature, will be Murano known throughout the world for its glassmaking Art. You will visit a Furnace to see glass products being made. During the visit you will have the opportunity to buy a piece of the local production on site. The tour will then continue towards Burano the island famous for its lace-making and for the brightly-coloured fishermens’ houses. Getting off the boat you will be in a green lane and after a short walk you will arrive to the Island main Square.
The tour includes the service of a specialized official tourleader which provides some information on board and assistance on the islands. With this special excursion you will have more time to stay in Burano which is probably the most charming island in the lagoon, arriving in this Island for lunch time you will also have the opportunity to choose one of the picturesque locations for a quick lunch (not included in the price of the ticket) living the relaxed atmosphere of this venue. The departure and arrival time is perfect for those who’s accommodation is outside from city center.
- Departure time: Every day at 10 40 AM at the Prisions’ Palace (near Doge’s Palace in St. Mark’s Square) or at 10:15 at the F30 landing stage.
- Duration: 4 hrs. and 30 minutes approx.
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian – The visit could be multilingual
- Price: € 20 for adult – € 10 for children for 3 to 5 years old – Free under 2 years old
|Know before to go||
– This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
Yellow box in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli) or at the KFC fast food landing stage close to Venice railway station. It is compulsory to be at the meeting point 20 minutes before the departure time.
Shared Tour on board with a qualified and experienced guide