Excursion to the islands – Murano, Burano and Torcello
A cruise in the Lagoon is a suggestive as well as enjoyable experience, a new and different way to see Venice off the most beaten tracks by the mass tourism. You can have the possibility to enjoy a unique experience which will lead you to the historic, artistic and popular heart of the northern part of the Venetian Lagoon, comfortably seated in a Grand Tourism motor-boats driven by an highly qualified crew and guided in 5 languages by a specialized Tour leader.
You will visit MURANO, BURANO and TORCELLO which are the traditional destination among the islands located in the northern part of the Venetian Lagoon.
After sailing past the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, the public Gardens, the tip of Sant’Elena and the Lido (the famous beach resort), the boat arrives at Murano known throughout the world for its glass manufacturing industry. Here there is a stop to visit one of the factories. The second stop is on the picturesque island of Burano famous not only for its lace but also for its fishermen’s houses painted in bright colors. Then, after a short sail, you will reach the quiet and sparsely populated island of Torcello, the first centre of civilization in the estuary.
- Departure time: Every day at at 9:30AM and 2:30PM (until 11th November) – From 12th November until 28th February only at 2:00 PM
- Duration: 4 hrs. and 30 minutes approx.(roughly 30 minutes each island)
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian – The visit could be multilingual
- Price: € 20 for adult – € 10 for children for 3 to 5 years old – Free under 2 years old
|Know before to go||
– The boats are completely covered and the tour operates even in the event of rain or snow. If the weather is exceptionally bad, the tour may be postponed to a later date
Yellow box in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli in St. Mark Square) -It is mandatory to be at the point 20 minutes before the departure
Shared guided tour with a qualifed guide