Carnival Treasure Hunt (from Piazzale Roma)
- Carnival treasure hunt game
- Discover Venetian hidden secrets
- Be part of the Carnival Show
- Get the Carnival masks included, prize for the hunt
- Easy partecipation with the dowloaded map on your device
- Family, Children, Couple Game
- Get 1 ticket, play 2 people
- Photo Contest With final prize
A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing.
A fantastic route, at the discovery of Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all: after downloading the App on your phone, this will become your compass and your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period.
The game will take you across the whole city, leading you into unexplored corners, and of course passing through the heart of Venice and the Carnival: St. Mark’s Square.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. At the end, the treasure will be yours: two Venetian masks, one beautifully decorated in traditional style and the other one white, just waiting to be painted. A professional Mask-maker will happily give suggestions to personalise it!
Before you rush home to decorate the second one, put your finished mask on and take your carnival super selfie!
Post your masked selfie on our Facebook page and invite your friends to like it. The most creative, fun and bizzarre pics get a reward! This game is ideal for groups and families too. Guaranteed you won’t forget it in a hurry!
- 3 huge bridges crossing the main Venetian road: The Grand Canal. You will discover the Constitution bridge which is the most recent one, projected by the famous architect Calatrava, the Scalzi bridge and the world known Rialto Bridge which is the oldest one.
- The hidden ancient law announcing place, called the Rialto hunchback. (Because not only the Notre Dame has its hunchback!)
- Walking around Venice, you will find on your path a lot of characteristic streets, as for example, Calle dei Boteri with its fascinating artisan history
- What about the ancient fish market? It is called Rialto Mercato
- Erbaria, which word comes from ‘Erba’ that means spices in English. Venetians were and are not only gondoliers but especially merchants
- You will admire unique panoramas and corners
- Along the promenade you will also learn the Carnival curiosities, about the masks, the ‘frittelle’ and much more!
Summary of Treasure Hunt and Photo Contest
- At the start you’ll receive the map to look for your treasure and you’ll download the App on your phone: this will be the compass guiding you and the voice tell you stories along the way.
- On the map you will see 4 hidden places to take a picture of.
- You will have to show a picture for at least 3 of the places to the Mask-maker, and then he will give you two masks. One will be white.
- Take a selfie with ready-made mask in the mask-maker’s shop, and after colouring the white one, take a selfie with that one too.
- Post one or both pics on our Facebook page.
Invite your friend to like your pics. Only the first 10 most-liked pics will be considered by the jury, who will then pick a winner.
- The winners will receive a wonderful Mask created especially by the professional mask-maker.
- Want to know more? Download the terms and conditions.
Are you curious? Discover the itineraries, collect the masks and…of course, the final prize!
Good luck and have great fun! #carnivaltreasure
- Start (show up at the meeting point to collect map and instructions):Piazzale Roma car terminal Santa Croce 466/e. From Monday to Saturday, 09:30-10:30-11:30-12:30-14:30-15:30
- Availability: from 9th February to 5th March 2019
- Duration of game: 2h approx.
- Deadline for posting pics: 15th March 2019
- Where to post pics: our Facebook page (link)
- Winners’ announcement: 31st March 2019-01-16
Any curiosity on the Carnival game and assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]
|Departure Time from Piazzale Roma Car Terminal|
09.30 – 10.30 – 11.30 – 12.30 – 14.30 – 15.30
|How does it work|
– Online reservation
Piazzale Roma car terminal Santa Croce 466/e