Venice Grand Canal Treasures Boat Tour (from San Marco Square)
- The only self-guided tour on Grand Canal
- Discover all the history and secrets of the spectacular Grand Canal by day or night at your own pace
- Public boat ticket included
- Digital map of the city
- No penalty for cancellation within 24 hrs
- On line customer service 7 days a week, 9 am – 6 pm
- High quality commentary in 8 different languages
Discover the Grand Canal: the richest waterway of the world and the main water-road of Venice, 4 km long and with more than 200 magnificent buildings belonged to the Venetian nobles and the Doges (Head of the Venetian republic). Venetian aristocrats used them as showrooms of their products and activities.
Find out the biggest bridges crossing the Grand Canal such as Accademia bridge, Scalzi and Calatrava bridges, and of course the most ancient and a precious jewel of Venice, the Rialto bridge. You will admire Venetian exclusive palazzi, Ca’ D’Oro, Ca’ Pesaro, monumental churches, the old fish masket of Venice, the casinò Ca’ Vendramin Calergi, Ca’ Foscari university, the columns in San Marco Square and so on…
Your personal audio-guide will escort through the itinerary finding out about the endless history of Venice and many curiosities about its splendid attractions! Enjoy the excursion at your own pace by day or night!
Get on the public boat number 1, the slower boat used by Venetians to move around the city, put your earphones and enjoy the trip! 24 descriptions in 8 different languages will begin automatically on your mobile as you pass in front of each place of interest!
Free map of Venice
Enjoying the Grand Canal Self Guided Tour you have included an incredibly useful tool: the digital map of Venice! We are glad to make your time in our city easy to plan and unforgettable. Our digital city map will guide you through narrow streets and canals. You can use it as is more comfortable for you, looking for your hotel, a restaurant or simply to feel more confident with the city, as an insider. Discover the city and do it yourself! Let you guide by the map and never get lost again!
- The main Venetian road: Canal Grande and its monumens, palaces and panoramic, unique and unforgettable views
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian
- Departure Time: every day at 9:30 am – 11:00 am – 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Venice Tours Office: San Marco 1130