Venice Carnival Treasure Hunt (from Piazzale Roma)
- Discover Venetian hidden secrets
- Be part of the Carnival
- Get a Carnival mask
- Paint your mask in the Venetian Palace
- Professional painter assistance
- Easy participation (downloaded and printed maps)
- Family, Children and Couple Game
A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing. A fantastic route, at the discovery of Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all: after downloading the App on your phone, this will become your compass and your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period. The game will take you across the city, leading you into unexplored corners and panoramic views.
You will discover the 3 huge bridges crossing the main Venetian road: The Grand Canal: Constitution bridge which is the most recent one, projected by the famous architect Calatrava, Scalzi bridge and the world known Rialto Bridge which is the oldest one. The hidden ancient law announcing place called the Rialto hunchback (because not only the Notre Dame has its hunchback)! What about the ancient fish market? It is called Rialto Mercato. Walking around Venice, you will find on your path a lot of characteristic streets, as for example, Calle dei Boteri with its fascinating artisan history. Erbaria, which word comes from ‘Erba’ that means spices in English. Venetians were and are not only gondoliers but especially merchants. Along the promenade, you will also learn the Carnival curiosities, about the masks and much more!
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. In the end, the treasure will be yours, a Venetian white mask just to be painted by your own. A professional mask- pinter will happily give some suggestions to decorate and personalize it in a wonderful Venetian Palace, the 1500 Doge’s prisons palace!
Wear your mask creation and take your carnival super selfie! Share the picture on our Facebbok account (link) and tell your friends how cool was your experience!
Spectacular location in Doge’s Palace Prison’s Palace
The ending location, guarding your treasure, worth your special attention. Everybody know or have ever heard about Casanova, right? Thus, according to many Venetian legends Casanova in flesh in blood was imprisoned in this historic Palace, which is part of the Doge’s Palace. The two buildings are connected through the well known Bridge of Sights. Only imagine the atmophere to paint your mask here!
- At the meeting point, you’ll receive from our staff the map to look for your treasure and you’ll download the App on your phone: this will be the compass guiding you and the voice tell you stories along the way.
- On the map, you will see 4 hidden places to take a picture of. You will have to show a picture for at least 3 of the places to the mask-painter to take your treasure.
- At the ending point, in St Mark’s square 1500 Doge’s prisons palace , get inside to get your treasure, a white Venetian mask, you’ll paint it in a dedicated area with suggestions of a professional painter.
- Meeting point (show up at the meeting point to collect map and instructions): in Piazzale Roma 466/E
- Availability: from 15th February to 25th February 2020
- Time: 09.30 – 10.30 – 11.30 – 12.30 – 14.30
- Duration: 2h approx. (mask decoration 15 – 20 min maximum)
- Languages : English, French, Italian
Piazzale Roma, Santa Croce 466e
|Departure Time from Piazzale Roma Car Terminal||
09.30 – 10.30 – 11.30 – 12.30 – 14.30
|How does it work||
– Online reservation
Piazzale Roma car terminal Santa Croce 466/e